What we do
The Office of Facilities Management at Khalifa University is responsible for the planning, maintenance and overall safety of university facilities and physical infrastructure. Specifically, the department looks after:
- Campus Landscaping Building Maintance (i.e. cleaning, maintenance repairs)
- Project & Construction Management
- Student, Employee, Contractor & Visitor Safety
- Facility Health & Safety
Our vision is to be recognized as a leading facilities management team in the United Arab Emirates.
To create and sustain a positive and productive study and work environment that stimulates creativity and productivity and ensures a healthy and safe university for our students, faculty and staff.
The Khalifa University’s Facilities Planning section aims to ensure the University’s current and future facility are fulfilled, helping to achieve academic initiatives and supporting the mission and goals of the University.
Specifically, the role of the Facilities Planning section is to identity the nature, location and number of spaces needed by colleges, departments or offices within the university community.
KU Campus Expansion
Khalifa University will be undergoing a dramatic change in the coming years as the demand for higher education in the UAE continues to grow. In line with the objectives of the Abu Dhabi Vision 2030, Khalifa University has begun construction on a campus expansion project that will see the school over triple in size, from 33,000 square meters to 120,000 square meters, by 2015. The campus expansion will include:
- A large auditorium with a capacity of 500
- A new student hub complete with restaurants, a gymnasium and other sporting facilities
- Cutting edge classrooms, engineering laboratories and research facilities
- Facilities that will house Khalifa University’s new medical school
The campus expansion will support Khalifa University’s rapidly growing community and will ensure that both future and current students have access to the highest quality of educational services, which will help to ensure KU achieves its goal of becoming an internationally recognized research university.