The aim of Khalifa University's Office of Research Support (ORS) is to support and cultivate a culture of excellence in participating in competitive research funding, research funding management, and research ethics, integrity and compliance.
The ORS provides the following services to the University community:
- Pre-Award Services (Promotion of internal and external grant opportunities, Assistance in the preparation and submission of internal and external grant applications, Managing the submission of internal and external grant applications, Contracts administration)
- Management of Internal Funding Process (Assess in the development of guidelines and selection criteria for internal funding schemes, Assess in managing the review and selection process)
- Post-Award Services (Liaison, negotiation, and finalization of contracts, liaison with other university departments, life-cycle grants management including progress and final reports, variations and staff transfers, relationship management and proactive communication with researchers, sponsors, industry partners and research collaborators)
- Research Ethics, Integrity and Compliance (Compliance with Research Code of Conduct and Ethics, Animal Welfare and Use in Research, Human Subjects Research, Research Conflict of Interest, Research Regulatory and Export Compliance, Research Environmental Health & Safety, Research Bio Safety)
The aim of the Office of Industry Engagement and Technology Transfer is to facilitate engagement and develop long-term relationships between the University research and industry in addition to supporting University inventors and entrepreneurs through technology transfer services.
The OIETT provides the following services to the University community:
- Research Industrial Partnerships and External Relations
- Research Communication
- Research Commercialization and Entrepreneurship (Contracts, Disclosures, NDAs, MOUs, Patents, IP and Copyright, Technology Licensing, Incubation and Spin-Outs)
For more information on the Office of Research Support at Khalifa University, please contact:
Mr. Atiq Siddiqi
Director, Office of Research Support